Tony is a Professional Engineer (No: 710344), a graduate of Natal University and the Imperial College (London), and also holds a Diploma in Arbitration.
A three time President of the Concrete Society, Tony is a Honorary Member of the Society, and has also been awarded “The Concrete Achiever of the Year” by the Society in 1997.
Tony joined HUME LIMITED in 1968 and has been associated with the Concrete Industry ever since. He has worked for Hume, Fraser Fyfe, and has acted as a consultant to many – including JHB City Council, Murray and Roberts, and Salberg Concrete Products -he thus had wide experience in both the technical and managerial aspects of the Industry.
- Development of ISO management systems
- Author of “Concrete Pipe Handbook” and many papers
- Lectures and courses on pipe and pipelines
- Design of buried pipelines, pipes, products and processes
- Investigation of site and contract problems.
- Organizational structures
- Development of business in Africa (Swaziland, Zambia)
- Long time Board member