- BSc Civil Engineering. University of Nottingham U.K.
- Design Engineer. Ove Arup & Partners, Johannesburg
- Project Engineer, Grinaker Precast, Johannesburg
- Involved in the design, manufacture and installation of precast concrete products especially sleepers and suspended floor slabs.
- Building Contractor, Knysna.
- Sales & Marketing Director, Grinaker Precast, Johannesburg. Initially specialising in mining products and from 1994 concrete block paving.
- 1997 – Director of the Concrete Manufacturers Association
- 2010 – Owner of JC Paving Consulting
Concrete Block Paving Experience
Involved in the design and installation of cbp for many large projects.
1997–2010 as Director of the CMA involved in the development of standards for the design of cbp, themanufacturing standard, SANS 1058, for the blocks and the laying standard, SANS 1200 MJ. Called on to give expert opinion wherever there are problems of failures on projects. Advice given on specifications prior to and during major contracts.
Presented papers at International paving Conferences held in Columbia, Japan , San Francisco & Buenos Aires
Conducts seminars around the country on various aspects of cbp.
Member of the International Paving Committee, SEPT (Small Element Paving Technologists).
Member of the SABS Construction Standards Committee.
- Courses on all aspects of cbp for CESA
- Advice on the design & detailing of cbp projects.
- Expert opinion on causes of failures and recommendations to repair.